In order to save files to a local drive utilizing the Tools -> Copy File or the File -> Export functions within PRISM, some adjustments need to be made to the security settings within Internet Explorer. These new settings are the suggested resolution by both Microsoft and Oracle.
Please be advised that by changing these global settings, there may be some additional risk associated with all internet traffic. These settings will allow any encrypted data from secure web sites to be stored in your Temporary Internet Files until the browser is closed. The data is still encrypted, however it will remain on the hard drive until the Temporary Internet Files folder is emptied.
To update these settings:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Select Tools -> Internet Options.
- Select the Advanced tab and scroll to the Security heading.
- Uncheck the “Do not save encrypted pages to disk option”.
- Check the “Empty Temporary Internet Files” folder when browser is closed option.
* These options can be reset at any time without restarting. *