The PRISM P-card application provides you with the ability to review and redistribute P-card charges. P-card are VISA credit cards that can be used for some low-dollar, low-risk purchases. All P-card purchases, by default, are charged to one department account number. On a monthly basis, departments use the P-card Redistribution application to review P-card charges, and when necessary, move charges to the appropriate account. The application is also used to certify that P-card charges are legitimate business expenses.
Apply for access if you will be responsible for any of the following:
- Monitoring and redistributing charges on your own, or another department member’s P-card
- Conducting a monthly review of P-card charges to certify that they are legitimate University business expenses
Apply for Access
Complete pages 1 & 4 of the PRISM Department User Access Form. Print the form, and the instructions. Normally this form is completed with the assistance of a department business administrator.
Pages 6-7 of the form instructions provide detailed descriptions of the P-card Redistribution Responsibilities, and to what entities the Responsibilities will grant you access. Also check whether you will need Redistribution & Review, or Pre-Transaction Log only.
The following will help you select the appropriate User Type:
- Cardholder Only – You will only review/redistribute charges on your own card
- Cardholder/Account Redistributor – You will review/redistribute charges on your own card, and other department cards.
- Account Redistributor/Reviewer Only – You do not have a card, but will be responsible for reviewing/redistributing charges on department P-cards.
- For Redistributors/Reviewers, list the names of the cardholders for whom you will be responsible. The form will not be processed without an Authorized RC signature. Check with your department business administrator to determine your authorized RC administrator.You will be sent an email from Heather Lego, FIS-Business Solutions, when your access has been activated.
- If you will be getting a P-card, complete an online course called P-card Policies and Procedures for New Cardholders.
- If you will be responsible for redistributing P-card charges, attend P-card Redistribution application training.
- If you will not be a cardholder or redistributor, but will be responsible for the monthly review of transactions to certify that they are legitimate business expenses, complete the online course called P-card Reviewer webinar.
- If you will be responsible for redistributions and monthly reviews, you only need to attend P-card Redistribution application training. The monthly review process is covered in this class.
Frequently Asked Questions
P-card transactions can be modified as long as the status is not “Redistributed to GL”. If the status of the transaction is not “New”, change it to “New”, make the modifications, Save, and change the status to “Approved”.
Why does the Transaction Items information automatically fill in for some transactions, but not for others?
Transaction Items information is supplied by the vendor. Some vendors have the ability to provide it, but other vendors, with less sophisticated systems, do not provide it.
Transaction Items information supplied by the vendor cannot be deleted but it can be modified (e.g., Quantity, UOM, and Price).
Modify the Quantity, UOM, and Price fields to correct the information supplied by the vendor. You can also “zero-out” the Quantity and Price fields to zero-out the line, and enter a new line with the correct Transaction Items information.
What do I do if Transaction Items information was supplied by the vendor, but the shipping charge is missing?
Add a line item for the shipping (e.g., shipping, 1 each, $amount) so that the Items Total equals the Transaction Total.
If the Transaction Items information supplied by the vendor consists of multiple line items, and each item is going to be redistributed to the same account, do I have to enter the account number for each individual line item?
No. Click the Distribute All button, enter the account number the line items will be redistributed to, and click Apply.
If I typically use the copy P-card Pre-Transaction Log feature to redistribute charges, can I still use that feature if the vendor supplies Transaction Items information?
Yes, you can still copy in the P-card Pre-Transaction log to do the redistribution. You cannot delete the Transaction Items information provided by the vendor, but you can zero-out the Quantity and Price fields.